1.Definition and scope of action.
The Area of Ethical Reflection on Deafblind (ERESC) is an area of consultative, interdisciplinary and plural nature, with the aim of being a space for analysis, training and counselling on ethical questions and being at the service of the whole community that is part of the entity (residents / people attended, family, workers, volunteers and members of the entity) in order to contribute to improve quality of care.
Given the characteristics of our users, ethical reflection has always been present in both direct attention and decision-making. However, it has often been an informal and / or limited reflection on the professionals or agents directly involved.
In recent years, the need to share these thoughts has been detected to enrich attention, resolve shared conflicts and unify the values that we defend as entities.
1. Systematise ethical reflection, to improve the quality of care received by users and family members.
1.1. To promote the formation in ethics applied to the social field.
1.2. Advise on the definition of the entity’s policies.
2. Respect the rights of all the people involved in the field of action of this space, paying special attention to the dignity, autonomy and integrity of the people.
2.1. Review the protocols of the entity from an ethical perspective and / or create new ones for healthcare improvement.
2.2. Help you to analyse cases, advise and facilitate the deliberative process of decision making in situations of ethical conflict between the people involved in the healthcare field
3. Functions of the Space of Ethical Reflection.
They are functions of the Space of Ethics Reflection:
a) Those that allow to fulfil the described objectives:
1) The promotion of ethical education.
2) Advice on the definition of policies of the entity.
3) The revision and creation of protocols.
4) Deliberative counselling in ethically conflicting situations.
b) Preparing reports and recommendations.
c) Prepare, approve and revise the regulations of the internal regime.
d) To choose the people who will occupy the internal positions of the Ethical Reflection Space, as well as propose, discuss and approve the affiliation and / or termination of one of its members.
They are not functions of the Space of Ethical Reflection:
a) Take binding decisions.
b) Issue judgments on the ethics of the professionals or the conduct of the people involved in the welfare field.
c) Propose sanctions.
d) Subrogate or replace the decision of those who have requested advice.
e) Replace the responsibilities that correspond to the people or organs of the management.
f) Advise or issue reports in cases where the interested party has filed a written complaint, complaint or legal or administrative claim.
4. Membership and competence of the members.
Given the definition of the Ethical Reflection Area on Deafness, its interdisciplinary composition will be:
– Professionals involved in the process of direct attention to people with deafblindness, as well as professionals in the field of psychology, social work, nursing, occupational therapy, social education, physiotherapy, and other new disciplines that They may appear (music therapy, social integration and others).
– A member of the management and / or management.
– A representative of relatives.
The members should be people open to dialogue, independent, cautious, competent professionally and with the capacity to work in teams and with the commitment to reach consensus, who participate voluntarily on a personal basis and not as representatives of any group or school
In a timely manner, an ethics expert may participate.