APSOCECAT is an entity formed by people with deafblindness of all ages, as well as for their families. With enthusiasm we encourage the best opportunities for people affected by this disability.
It is our mission to focus on the Administration and the civil society to adopt economic, welfare and educational measures to guarantee deafblind people full social rights in these areas:
- Access to communication and information, as well as support for mobility
- Promotion and defense of personal, physical and intellectual autonomy
- Access to adapted residential solutions and with specific professionals.
These are our purposes:
- Help deafblind people and their families manage day to day according to their needs
- Facilitate acces to resources and support services
- Facilitate the use of sign language and any other communicative system
- Manage the availability of guides-communicators and mediators in deafblindness
- Contribute to the formation of new generations of deafblind professionals